Thursday, January 27, 2011
One Thousand Gifts
In my previous post, I mentioned that I'm going to be reading the book One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. I've been reading her blog here http://www.aholyexperience.com/ and she has inspired me to start my own list of one thousand gifts. Things that I am truely grateful for! So I will be starting that today!
BUT...first things first! I have to say that I woke up this morning feeling pretty good! Better than I have in a week in a half! We'll see how the day goes, but I'm praying that I will get better and better each day! I started a green smoothie cleanse yesterday and I'm loading up on fish oil, magnesium, vitamins D and B, and a multivitamin! That's alot, huh? Did I miss anything?? LOL! I'm replacing my coffee with decaf hot tea. I'm determined to detox my body of any bad thing that I put into it during the holidays (such rich, sugary foods)!
Today I'm going to start listing the things that have blessed my life and am truely thankful for:
1. My 5 year old snuggling with me in bed
2. Listening to my kids play together and giggling
3. Having a roof over my head
4. Living near my brother and watching his kids grow
5. Having both of my parents, still.
6. The smell of the bread baking when I make it fresh
Have a warm, blessed day!